Well, I was doing really well anxiety-wise until Sunday, and then it all flooded in like the dam had broken. So, I was actually feeling some relief when Monday finally came and I was heading back into the tube for the brain MRI. I kept my eyes closed the whole time this time to avoid the claustrophobia. Usually, when you are finished, they usher you quickly back out to the nurse in the prep area. This time, as I stopped to pick up my hat off a table, I noticed my BRAIN on the computer screen. I asked the tech if that was, in fact, my brain. Oh yes, he said and he scrolled through the image from the front of my face to the back of my head, and then quickly from the top of my head to the bottom. Now, I'm no radiologist, but I didn't see any glaring spots anywhere and that allowed me to breathe a little easier. I don't think they are supposed to do that, and they never have before, but I sure appreciated it!
Later Monday night, I got a text from my oncologist that the MRI looked great! As you might imagine, the flood of emotions was tremendous. My mom and I quickly got on the phone to call close family members and send out some text messages to get the word out. I don't think it really sunk in until the next morning when I awoke at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep because my mind was reeling - this time, in a good way. :)
So, the MRI report says that they can see only 3 of the original 12 spots, but those 3 spots are shrinking. These may be the original 3 that started all of this by showing up on a PET scan in January. I'm really happy that they are on their way out and that nothing new showed up. That was actually my biggest worry - and having sinus issues, related headaches and a few spins of vertigo recently didn't help relieve those worries. But, now that I know there is nothing to worry about, all of those things are going away as well. Irony, huh?
In any case, now we can plan our summer. The kids are out of school on Friday, and Marchus and I are going to sit down with a calendar and map it all out - keeping in mind my chemo schedule etc. I feel like my road back to health is getting clearer and with the support of my family and friends, I will get there. I'm on my way! Now, I just have to get rid of those other spots, which is next.
I really cannot thank everyone enough for their thoughts, prayers, good wishes and tremendous support. Knowing that each of you is out there cheering me on bolsters my spirit and warms my heart. Thank you so much! As I promised before, I'll continue posting more often...
Thats great news!!! :-) I am soooo glad your body responds so well to the treatment you are given!! YESS!!
ReplyDeleteBig hug from me!!
Ida
I Love hearing the great news! Prayers continue. You are in my heart.
ReplyDeletexoxoxox~Star
Hi Julianne,
ReplyDeleteYou may not remember me but we met a couple of times in Pagosa Springs. My name is Ron and your mom is my very dear good friend. We had lunch together yesterday, in Santa Barbara, and I just wanted to chime in on your celebration. Actually, we watched the recently-restored bells resounding in the Santa Barbara courthouse, obviously also joining in the celebration of your unstoppable recovery.
Just wanted to say "hi"...and thank you for inspiring us all. Lotsa magic in your family. ;o)